Friday, December 5, 2008

Common-Universal Mind Control Album Review



Label: Geffen Records
Format: CD
Release Date:12/9/2008
UPC: 602517836914

Disclaimer-The views in this Album Review is not reflected on or by Urban Legendz nor Urban Legendz myü-ziks views. And is only that of the reviewer..

I can't say that I've been a fan of Chicago Southsider, Lonnie Lynn, Jr. aka Common, for a long time. Growing up he wasn't one of the hard gangsta rappers I grew up on, plus I'm from the South so we ddin't get that much of his music. I began listening to him slightly before the "BE" album but really got with his music since "BE". I knew he had been on way before Kanye signed him but I gotta say that Kanye really POPped him out, gave him more of a commercial appeal. Well it's 3rd album under the G.O.O.D Music label and this time around we have "Universal Mind Control".
I gotta say that I really enjoy the album! I don't think it's as good as "BE" but I like it a little better than "Finding Forever". I was kind of missing the Kanye sound I've grown use to listening to Common's most recent albums but I'm not upset about the Mr. DJ and Neptunes driven effort Common is giving us.
By far my favorite two songs on the album are "Punch Drunk" Ft. Kanye and "Sex 4 Suga". Both songs have that signature Neptunes sound. On "Sex 4 Suga" Common utilizes the old school flow for this song, something you might have heard Kurtis Blow use back in the day. "Gladiator" gives you feeling that Common isn't a happy camper taking a backseat to some of the rappers in the current Top 10. I would have loved to hear Common and Nas on this track.
If you're a fan of Common you won'd be disappointed with the album. You get the party tracks and you introspective look as well. Go out and buy "Univeral Mind Control"
I'd give it a 4 pages out of 5 in the Notebook.

Ya Country Cousin Full Effect
"iGNORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!"

P.s Urban Legendz Top 4 pick of Universal Mind Control- Monday Dec/8/2008



No comments:

Blogger news

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Followers

Search

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts